2 1/2 pounds red potatoes scrubbed and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon sea salt
1/3 cup fresh parsley lightly packed & finely chopped
3/4 cup yellow onion finely diced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2/3 cup Avocado Mayo
6 uncured bacon strips cooked & diced
4 hardboiled eggs diced
sea salt and black pepper to taste
Whole 30 Potato Salad
*Great for work potlucks and parties*
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine chopped potatoes and sea salt. Cover with water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are easily pierced by a fork and you are able to pull out with little resistance. This should take 5-7 minutes.
Drain the water and move the potatoes to a large bowl. Place in the refrigerator to cool for at least 15-20 minutes.
Once the potatoes have cooled, add parsley, onion, lemon juice and mustard. Give it a nice toss.
Gently add in the mayonnaise, bacon and eggs. Give it a nice stir. Add black pepper and more sea salt, to
taste if necessary. Serve cold.
Macros Calories 344
Fat 21g Carbohydrate 31g
- Parent/Kids Class: 1/7/18 @12PM, $5 cash per person
- The open starts 2/22! Less than 2 months away! Keep up to date with info at games.crossfit.com
- Closed New Years Eve 12/31
- New Years Day: Open Gym 9-11AM, Ft Wright Zone Class at 11AM
- We will have an open gym on New Years Day from 9AM-11AM, where we will be doing the CrossFit Total. Here is a link to an article written by famous strength coach Mark Rippetoe, about the CrossFit Total: click here for article
- This is a small excerpt of the article regarding safety while doing the total "Here are some basic precautions that need to be followed for safety: 1) Don’t be stupid. Don’t total if you’re injured to the extent that a total will aggravate the problem. This will cost you in at least training time, and possibly time off of work if you’re ultra-stupid. 2) Don’t be greedy. Learn to recognize the difference between greed and ambition, and be merely ambitious. 3) Don’t be pig-headed. If your first attempt tells you that you need to lower your second, do so, without a misplaced sense of diminished self-worth. It’s a test, and it’s designed to measure what’s there, not create something that’s not. That’s what training is for."
- In case you missed the video from the Ft Wright CrossFit Liftoff here it is: https://youtu.be/tUZlqdba7-c