*Pop-up kids class this Friday (3/15) 10:30a - 11a (3-7 years old) and 11a - 11:30a (8 and up) - the kids are off school so let’s workout!
*The gym is closed after the 9am community class due to a Coaches Meeting, thank you for understanding!
KG3 Beef Stew for St Patrick’s Day
Crockpot Beef Stew Ingredients:
• 2 pounds stewing beef
• 2 cups of reduced sodium chicken broth
• 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 1 medium Vidalia onion, chopped
• 2 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
• 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
• 3-5 small gold potatoes, cubed (optional)
• ½ Tbsp garlic, minced
• ½ Tbsp of paprika
• 3 bay leaves
• 1/2 tsp of salt
• 1/2 tsp of black pepper
• 1 tsp each dried rosemary, basil, and oregano
• 1/8 cup arrowroot powder or cornstarch or even pancake mix to thicken Stew
1. Place your beef into crockpot.
2. Add liquids then all other ingredients except for your thickener on top of the beef.
3. Cover and cook on low for eight hours.
Directions to Thicken
1. Just before you’re ready to eat, use a ladle to spoon out most of the liquid into a small saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Stir a small amount of the liquid into a small bowl and sprinkle in the arrowroot flour, whisking as you add it. Make sure there are no lumps.
4. Slowly pour the arrowroot mixture into the boiling liquid in the pot and remove from heat as you whisk continuously.
5. Do not reheat as this will break the bonds of the thickener.
6. If it’s not thick enough, use water and some more arrowroot powder in your small bowl, whisk to mix, then slowly add into the gravy.
7. Pour thickened gravy back into slow cooker and stir gently. Macros – per 1 serving Makes 6 servings
Week 3 Winners:
-Men: Kyle Stark 149/Ryan Brown 128/Nathan Wassler 126
-Women: Morgan Zimmerman 116/Kelsey Leigh 107/ Karla Allison 105
-Team Spirit: Kung Fu Macro Ninjas
-Best Testimonial Video: Kate Grise, https://www.facebook.com/kategregg13/videos/10215187907104283/
Chuck Norris Freedom Eagles: 126pts.
Kung Fu Macro Ninjas: 125pts
Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It: 106pts
Team Sasquatch: 94pts