Healthy Skillet Lasagna
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, diced
salt and pepper
1⁄2 tsp red pepper flakes
1lb lean ground beef (93% lean)
8 lasagna noodles, broken
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
1⁄3 cup water
6 oz part skim mozzarella cheese
1 cup 1% cottage cheese
optional: parmesan cheese
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the chopped onion and cook until translucent (4-5 minutes). Stir in the garlic and 1⁄2 tsp salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Add in the ground beef, breaking the meat into pieces and cooking until no longer pink.
Layer the lasagna noodles over the meat and pour the tomato sauces and water over the
pasta. Cover and bring the dish to a simmer, then lower the heat to medium and cook,
stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes or until the pasta is done.
Season the lasagna well with more salt and pepper to taste.
Take the lasagna off the heat and roughly stir in the cottage cheese. Top with big
chunks of mozzarella and let sit covered for 5 minutes or until cheese it is melted.
If desired, top with parmesan and basil.
Calories: 385 Protein: 33g
Fat: 13g Carbohydrates:33g
- Zach and I (Kyle S.) like to do EMOM style workouts as warmups, or to get in extra conditioning work. Here are a few of our favorites this week:
- 20min: Odd Min: 15 cal bike, Even: 1 RD "Cindy" (5 Pullup, 10 Pushup, 15 Squats)
- 10RDs: Every 2:00 6 Muscle ups, bike remaining time
- 5RDs: 20cal Ski Erg, 40 Air Squats
- 12/16: Santa and Ms. Claus are coming to FWCF for kids class, hot coco and pictures! Mark your calendars!
- Want new FWCF apparel visit:
- Fundraiser for Zach and his teammates headed to Wodapalooza in January, will be held at Darkness Brewing 12/16 from 5-8PM
- What is Santa bringing this year?? Heres a hint, and stay tuned for how we are going to "break them in":